- Be no older than 40 years of age as of November 2017
- Reside or work in one of the following Indiana counties: Bartholomew, Boone, Clinton, Delaware, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Henry, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan or Shelby
- Have meaningful professional accomplishments
- Be actively involved within the community
- Positively affect others around them
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in the workplace or community
The selection process involves an objective assessment of all nominees against set criteria determined by Junior Achievement.
Number of Finalists
The selection committee will choose 100 total finalists, ten from each category. The President and CEO of Junior Achievement will monitor the selection process and break any ties.
Narrowing the Field
Once 100 finalists are established, the selection committee will select ten winners – one from each category. The winners will be announced at the Indy’s Best and Brightest awards presentation on Thursday, November 9th at Hilbert Circle Theatre.
All discussions that take place during the selection process is confidential. In addition, Junior Achievement asks that selection committee members not reveal the names of any of the finalists until after the finalists have been notified or announced publicly.