Junior Achievement of Central Indiana
To Inspire & Educate
- JACI’s Mission is to empower young people to own their future success. JA educates young people in the areas of career exploration, work readiness, entrepreneurship, financial literacy and philanthropy through hands-on, experiential learning opportunities for children in Preschool through High School.
JACI is fully committed to the following core values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands on learning
A Little About Our Past…
Junior Achievement of Central Indiana has a long history and strong reputation in Central Indiana, beginning with its formation in 1957. Since that time, JACI has reached nearly one million students through a variety of programs focused on career exploration, work readiness, entrepreneurship, financial literacy and philanthropy. JACI works with volunteers from the business community to implement programs in the classroom, after school, and in the JA BizTown simulation space at 7435 N. Keystone Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana.
What we do!
Junior Achievement is dedicated to educating students about career exploration, work readiness, entrepreneurship, financial literacy and philanthropy through experiential, hands-on programs. JA programs help prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace. Students put these lessons into action, and help strengthen their communities. In central Indiana, we provide in school education program to grades K-12 as well as our experiential capstone programs such as JA BizTown® and Finance Park® Virtual, which enforces the idea that kids learn by “doing.”